Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Broccoli Pesto


I was going to make pasta with chicken and broccoli and I felt bad about wasting the broccoli stems so this recipe developed from me not wanting to waste and it turned out amazing!


Start by washing your broccoli and cut the florets off  then set them aside




Chop the stems


Add the chopped stems to your food processor and grind.  Once the broccoli is ground there will be more room for the other ingredients.  

I used 4 broccoli stems and about 1/4 cup fresh basil, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese 3-4 minced garlic cloves, juice from 1 lemon, and extra virgin olive oil to consistency (about 3 Tbsp)






Blend all ingredients together in the food processor


I then incorporated the pesto into my pasta.  I included whole wheat linguine, chicken, and the broccoli florets


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment