Monday, March 7, 2011

Cheap, Easy & Quick Asparagus Fritatta

I learned how to cook this from my grandmother and love it!!  I made a few adjustments (life much less salt) and I thought I'd share with you!

when you cook asparagus for dinner you usually take the ends off and throw them away.  I now take the ends off and save them in the refrigerator for later.  I will either chop them up that night or chop them up the morning I use them.  If you chop them up that night, it's much easier and quicker the morning you make the fritatta. 

Simply scramble a few eggs together to cover the amount of asparagus and whatever else you want to add.  Usually I have some left over onions and I will chop those up and add them.  Season with a pinch of salt and some ground pepper and then add to your pan.  I will usually top it with a few shavings of parmesan cheese, cook until the egg is cooked all the way through and nice and fluffy. 

you are utilizing the whole food, saving money, and getting vegetables first thing in the morning!  Can't beat that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment