Thursday, April 26, 2012

Green Bean Salad





For this salad you can either use fresh green beans that have been blanched (boiled until tender, strained, and then rinsed or submerged into ice cold water) or canned green beans. 









This time I used canned because it was what I had but it does taste better with fresh green beans.



Dice up an onion red, yellow or white.




Then add some minced garlic, pepper, a little apple cider vinegar, and a tiny amount of extra virgin olive oil. 


Mix and serve or refrigerate for later.  I usually will make this for a dinner or lunch on the weekend and make a large amount so I have leftovers for lunches during the week. 
I didn't give amounts for this recipe as the combination is to taste.  However, I made this tonight for dinner and used 2 cans of green beans, 1/4 of a red onion and 4 very small garlic cloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment