Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Whole Grain Pizza Dough

I came up with this one night when I literally had nothing for dinner and both my boyfriend and I had been working really late!  I was amazed how easy and quick it was so I hope you are too!!


Mix:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)


Knead for about 2 minutes 
Then  roll dough thin (I used a rolling pin)




I have a pizza stone but you don't need one!  You can use a cookie sheet too.  spread a generous amount of cornmeal on either the pizza stone or the cookie sheet


spread a small amount of olive oil over the pizza dough and then add toppings.  

I didn't even have tomato sauce so I made a white pizza with mozzarella cheese, black olives, broccoli and a few minced garlic cloves

I couldn't preheat my oven because when you use a pizza stone your stone needs to heat up with your oven so once my pizza was ready I put it in the oven and set it for 425 degrees F and the pizza was cooking for about 20 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment